The Mauna Kea Resort (encompassing both Mauna Kea and Hapuna) is known for an idyllic lifestyle of warm, sunny, breezy weather, mind-blowing sunsets and a 50 year history rich in celebrity and legacy.
- Both Kauna’oa Bay (Mauna Kea Beach) and Hapuna Beach are rated among the Top 5 Best Beaches in Hawaii! Chosen by USA Today reader’s in 2015. Sunrise and sunset strolls along the white sands of these amazing, approximately 1/4 mile long beaches create feelings of peace and serenity.
- 99% of residential real estate on the Mauna Kea Resort has ocean views. Due to the naturally sloping, terraced terrain, homeowners on the Mauna Kea Resort enjoy seeing that big beautiful blue every day from their residences — and many have sweeping, year-round sun into water sunset views.
- Mauna Kea owners are committed to continuous improvement and a bright future. In celebration of its 50th anniversary, improvements can been seen all over the resort. The new Beach Activities program at Mauna Kea has brought new life to the beach and bay, with daily catamaran sailing, retail, stand-up paddle-boarding (you can try SUPing at night now — with LED strap lighting that illuminates the water and ocean life below), and junior waterman certification classes. The Copper Bar has been completely renovated and has, once again, become the dining hot spot for homeowners and guests alike. The 5-10 year plan features many more improvements including low density and locationally significant new real estate opportunities — check out www.tomorrowsmaunakearesort.com for details.
- Both Mauna Kea and Hapuna Golf Courses are rated among the Top 10 Golf Courses in all of Hawaii! 2015 Golf Advisor (“Course ratings and reviews for golfers, by golfers” golfadvisor.com)
- Mauna Kea resort is rated among the Top 3 Tennis Vacation destinations in Hawaii by USA Today!
About the author: Kathryn Freitas is a Realtor Broker with Mauna Kea Realty and has lived on the Big Island of Hawaii for 20 years.